Breast augmentation (also called breast enlargement or augmentation mammoplasty) is an increasingly popular procedure for women who are unhappy with their breast size. No matter what the cause of small breasts, an augmentation can do wonders for a woman’s figure and self-confidence.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
Virtually any woman with small breasts is a good candidate for breast augmentation. Here are a few of the more common conditions that our patients come to us with.
- Underdeveloped breasts – Underdeveloped breasts are usually the result of hereditary factors, though other environmental, dietary, and general health issues may contribute.
- Asymmetrical breasts – Again, hereditary factors are the usual culprit. Treatment options will depend on the individual case, but may require only one implant be used. A breast lift is often performed at the same time.
- Loss of breast tissue after pregnancy – Among the many changes a pregnancy can have on a woman’s body, a loss of breast tissue is one of the most common and noticeable. Breast augmentation surgery is very popular with new moms, even moms who plan on having more children, as implants do not interfere with breastfeeding. This procedure is also a part of the Mommy Makeover.
- Loss of breast firmness after pregnancy – Oftentimes, women experience sagging breasts after childbirth. This is often due to a loss of breast tissue. A breast lift in conjunction with augmentation is often the best solution.
- Mastectomy – Implants are an ideal treatment for women who have lost one or both breasts due to breast cancer or other disease.
Your breast augmentation procedure will begin with a consultation with Dr. Foster where you and Dr. Foster will discuss your goals and expectations. Once you decide to go ahead with the procedure, you will have several implant options to choose from. Please visit our incision options, placement options, and types of breast implantspages for complete information. Some of the more common questions our patients have are discussed on our questions about breast augmentation page. You may also find further information from the Food and Drug Administration.
Find out how soon you can Exercise after Breast Augmentation.
For more information, see Breast Enlargement Questions.
Click here to view the Breast Augmentation gallery page
If you live in the Hartford, Greenwich, or Middlebury, Connecticut area and would like
to enhance your physique through breast augmentation, please contact Dr. Foster today to arrange your consultation.